Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2015 lodging costs

From our departure on July 8, 2015, through December 31, 2016, was 177 nights. Frank and I have been in different places on and off through December, so we have slightly different totals. But I spent:
  • 113 nights in the tent trailer
  • 10 nights in hotels (7 of which were free for us thanks to MJ, my mom, or hotel points)
  • 29 nights in somebody's guest bed (with huge thanks to our hosts!)
  • 25 nights in our own home (some of which were in the tent trailer in the back yard, but I didn't keep track of how many)

The cost of the 113+ tent trailer nights, meaning campground fees, totaled up to $1366, for an average of $12.09 per night.

The cost of all 177 nights, with hotel fees added in, totaled up to $1534, for an average of $8.67 per night.

Not too shabby, huh?

2016 is off to a good (zero) start thanks to continuing generosity from friends and family and thanks to a couple of housesitting jobs I have lined up. It's exciting and reassuring to start this way.